Editor not working since update

Support Area Forums Kerygma Editor not working since update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Salena Knight
    Participant

Hi again Bill.
    I’ve now encountered another issue since upgrading the theme. All of a sudden the link button in the text editor no longer works.

It was working yesterday before the update. I’ve just updated wordpress as well (after identifying this issue) and that hasn’t fixed it.

To be honest, I’m not sure if this is a theme issue. Seems strange that I’m experiencing issues since updating the kerygma theme.

Bill Robbins

It could be that something didn’t make it through the update properly either in WordPress, the theme or a plugin.

It could also be some type of conflict between a plugin and the theme or a plugin and WordPress.

I gave a quick test again on my development site for the link button and it popped up as expected (see attached screenshot).

You might try reinstalling the current version of WordPress. You can do that at the top of the updates screen in your dashboard. Make sure to clear out your browser’s cache after doing that and then refresh a page in your admin.

If that doesn’t do it, then try disabling all plugins and see if it works then. If it does, then turn the plugins on, one by one until it stops. Then you’ll know where the conflict is.

If it still doesn’t, try switching to the TwentyFifteen theme and see if it does. If it starts working then, delete the theme and install a fresh copy.

Bill

Salena Knight
    Participant

Thanks Bill.
    So I did some testing, and it works fine in a general ‘posts’ page, but this latest update has caused a big conflict with my membership site (Optimizepress).
    I got the OP guys to have a look, and this is what they came back with:

I am afraid your default theme conflicts OP and causes your issue. I’ve looked into this, and unfortunately I don’t have much to offer here. There really isn’t a one of solution here based on the several troubleshooting that I’ve made. I suggest that you contact the developer of that theme, perhaps they have a tweak or update that can fix this issue.

Please do let us know if you have other questions.

I’m not sure where to go from here. I love Kerygma and bought it for the ease of podcasting, but the membership site needs to be working, as there are paying customers using it right now. The thought of having to move either the membership site, or completely overhauling my website makes me want to cry!

Up until yesterday when I did the latest Kerygma update, everything was working fine.
    Would love your advice, thanks

Bill Robbins
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Salena Knight
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Let me know how things go with the backup. I appreciate the recommendation too 🙂

Take care,
    Bill

Salena Knight
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Hi Salena,

You’ll need to delete the current version of the theme to install the previous one.

The error console information can be helpful, but only if you have access to the full code.

Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Editor not working since update’ is closed to new replies.