Edit drop down styling

Support Area Forums Bottega Edit drop down styling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://66.147.242.199/~batchba1/wholesale//
  • Author
    Dandelion222
    Participant

Is there a section to edit the settings for the drop down menus? I only have a couple but they are a different background color (black) and don’t look like they are really a part of the main navigation. They also seem offset – they popup slightly to the side instead of right under the parent navigation items. See attached screenshot. Or the website.

Bill Robbins

See this post for help with the drop-down background color: https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/sub-menu-5/ . You’re welcome to adjust the position of the drop downs too. You can add this to your custom css to adjust those:

#navigation .menu li ul {
    	margin-left: -10px;
    }

See how that works for you.

Dandelion222
    Participant

Great! Thank you!

Dandelion222
    Participant

Can you also tell me what selector to use for the link text and link hover in the dropdown area. I can’t see the text anymore. I tried just adding “color: #ffffff; to what you sent before but that didn’t work.

Bill Robbins

Try adding this to your Custom CSS:

#navigation ul.menu li li a, 
    #navigation ul.menu li li a:visited {
    	color: #fff;
    }

#navigation ul.menu li li a:hover {
    	color: #000;
    }

Feel free to change those colors to whatever you want 🙂

Dandelion222
    Participant

That definitely gives me what I need in terms of colors. Thank you! However, still having an issue with presentation. I don’t think it’s so much that I needed to offset the dropdown, but I would like the width to match the parent it drops down from. I realized it sticks out because it is wider. I’d really like it to just drop straight down. Or more so than it is. Because it goes so much farther to the right is I think why there’s a disconnect.

Bill Robbins

I believe I understand what you mean. The width can’t work that way unfortunately. It has to be set independently of the size of the text of the parent menu item. Sorry about that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit drop down styling’ is closed to new replies.