Easy way to change color

Support Area Forums Grassroots Easy way to change color

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    soquinn
    Participant

Hi is the an easy way to change the gold/greenish color we see buttons, menu, mouse overs…etc. all over admin or in .css directly?

Bill Robbins

Hello,

You can absolutely change colors. In the themes options (appearance > theme options in your WordPress dashboard) you’ll find many options to change colors. Some are also available in the customizer too (appearance > customize).

If you run into trouble changing any colors you’d like to let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

soquinn
    Participant

Looks like all the setting show up black or not set… can’t easily find existing colors in appearance > theme options or appearance > customize… all blank? Yellow/greenish is #AEB54C I believe but not consistent.

Bill Robbins

That is true. The theme is set up so that only options that are set in the customizer or theme options will be output into the source code of a page. The defaults are handled in the style.css file.

You can still change any of them. I believe this is a list of the defaults that are green arranged by the tab in the theme options where you’ll find them.

Header Tab
    Text Logo Color
    Text Logo Color (hover)
    Navigation Item
    Navigation Item (hover)
    Navigation Button Color
    Navigation Button Color (hover)

Footer Tab
    Footer Link Color
    Footer Link Color (hover)

Content Tab
    Link Color
    Link Color (hover)

Buttons Tab
    Button Background
    Button Background (hover)

Hope that helps out. If you can’t find a green that you’re trying to change, let me know where it is on a page you’re working on and I’ll point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Bill

soquinn
    Participant

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Anytime

soquinn
    Participant

What controls the front page menu and top donate button vs. interior?

Bill Robbins

When you’re working with a page that has a hero at the top, like the home page in the demo does, you can set it to have different colored navigation and logo. That way they can be visible if the image at the top doesn’t work with the default colors.

Edit your page. Look below the main content box and you’ll see the one for the hero area options. Towards the bottom of that box, you’ll find color options to change the navigation and text logo just for that page.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Easy way to change color’ is closed to new replies.