Duration of slides on homepage slider?

Support Area Forums Bottega Duration of slides on homepage slider?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Talisman
    Participant

Hi!

Just a quick question: How do I change the amount of time that each slide/banner is displayed in the homepage slider? I’ve looked and looked and can’t find anywhere that lets me tweak the number of milliseconds (or whatever). We need to slow ours down so the client reviews can be read before the slide changes.

Thanks!

J.

Bill Robbins

Great question. You can adjust the duration of the slides. The only tricky part is the file that has the timing in it, isn’t accessible from WordPress’ built in theme editor. You can still edit it. You can either use a desktop code editor if you already do that, or you can install a quick plugin. Here’s how to install the plugin and make the changes:

1. Go to the plugins section and select “add new.”
    2. Search for a plugin called “WP Editor” and install/activate it.
    3. Next go to the Appearance section and select “Theme Editor.”
    4. In the list of files and folders on your right, choose the JS folder. Then select the custom.js file
    5. At the top of the file you’ll see this:

$j(window).load(function() {
      		$j('#slider').nivoSlider({
      			effect:'fade', 
      			slices:1,
      			animSpeed:500, 
      			pauseTime:4000,
      			directionNav:false
      		});
      	});

In the pauseTime:4000, you can change the 4000 to a different number of milliseconds that each slide is visible. Do that and save your changes.

That should change the duration of each slide. We just finished up an update to the theme yesterday that adds these controls to the theme options page so they can be changed there a bit more easily.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Duration of slides on homepage slider?’ is closed to new replies.