Dropdown menu disappears

Support Area Forums Authentic Dropdown menu disappears

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://quincypeeps.org
  • Author
    rainbowsplash
    Participant

Hi, Bill,
    Dropdown menu is visible but when you try to click on one of the submenus, you can’t catch it, the dropdown menu goes away. There was a fix two years ago for the same thing, but that fix isn’t visible in the functions.php so maybe with new version I have to do something else. Everything is latest updates.

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon,

It looks like that is one of the very earliest versions of the theme. I would go with the current version and see how your menus work then.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

rainbowsplash
    Participant

So do I just download the fresher file and activate that one? Everything should work, right?

Bill Robbins

Since this was before we had dashboard based updates, here’s how I would approach it.

1. Make a backup of the current theme. You can download it from the wp-content/themes/ folder on your server using a FTP program or your web host’s control panel.
    2. Then delete the existing version of authentic.
    3. Next install the current version of the theme like you would a new theme.

You’ll likely need to create a page for your home page and set it to be the front page (Settings > Reading in your WordPress dashboard). You may also need to set some options in the theme options like the logo. I don’t remember if versions that far back used the options framework or not.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropdown menu disappears’ is closed to new replies.