Double menu entry on mobile

Support Area Forums Foxy Double menu entry on mobile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://portfolio8.webfruit.nu/
  • Author
    Wim Kuijpers
    Participant

Dear Bill,

Hope you can help. I noticed that when downsizing the page to a mobile size the mobile menu displays a double entry in the mobile menu. I tested it with 3 browsers, IE, Firefox and Chrome, with IE it is working fine but not with the 2 other browsers (did not test it in Safari).

In the file attached you will see the 3 screenshots, 2 of them (Chrome and Firefox) display twice the word Menu when clicking on the Mobile menu bar. Only IE displays it correctly.

Is there any setting (CSS) which can solves this?

Looking forward to your answer,

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

Wim

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Wim,

Sorry for the confusion there. In the mobile view, before it is tapped or clicked on, where it says “Menu” it isn’t referring to a page on the site, but rather to the site’s navigation menu. It’s just a bit of helper text to let your visitors know they can click there to navigate. It does look a bit different between the browsers because browsers handle select fields like that one a bit differently from one another.

In the theme options page, on the first tab there you’ll find a field called “Mobile Navigation Label” that lets you change the text that says “menu” to something else if you’d like. You could always make it “navigation” so that there isn’t confusion with the restaurant’s menu.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Double menu entry on mobile’ is closed to new replies.