donation checkout page

Support Area Forums Grassroots donation checkout page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://theskyisnotlimited.org/dev/cart/
  • Author
    wendy Butcher
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I am trying to set up the donation page using woo commerce. We want to just use paypal for now. I entered our API credentials and entered the email associated with he paypal account. When I add something to the cart and then view cart, and proceed to checkout, it gives me a page error. http://theskyisnotlimited.org/dev/checkout__trashed/
    Not sure why it says _trashed at the end. there is a checkout page and it has this code in it.
    [woocommerce_checkout]
    I’ve attached the screen capture. When I view the page, it looks like second attached image.
    It seems like there is either an error with the “proceed to checkout” button is going to the checkout_trashed instead of “checkout” but I don’t see where to change it.

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Wendy

Bill Robbins

Hi Wendy,

Let’s check this. Go to the WooCommerce section of your WordPress dashboard and click on Settings. Then select the checkout tab there. On this screen you’ll see a section for “Checkout Pages.” Make sure that the Checkout Page is set correctly there. That’s the spot where we tell WooCommerce what page is actually where the checkout lives. Since the link to the checkout is not correct, that would be the first spot I would look.

Let me know what you turn up there,
    Bill

wendy Butcher
    Participant

Great. That was easy. Is there a way to put a $ in the cart amount in the donation page. Most people associate that $100 in the input and it rejects it unless you put just the “100”. I have attached what I am talking about.
    I’ve also attached a couple other screen captures. I don’t want a review on this page or any other. Also, for some reason, on the sidebar, I get a “503” error. Not sure why.

Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Hi Wendy,

You could add this to your Custom CSS to add a dollar sign before the input box for your donations:

.name_price label:after { content: '$'; margin-right: -20px; }

That should place it just outside the input to make it a bit clearer that it is already there.

Each product in WooCommerce has a checkbox to disable the reviews. Edit your donation product and uncheck the box for reviews and that should take that section out for you.

The 503 error in the screenshot looks like it is coming from a separate site. You might look at the widgets there and see if any of them are pulling content from someplace else.

Take care,
    Bill

wendy Butcher
    Participant

hmm, can’t seem to find the box for reviews. Could you possibly send me a screen capture of the section on a product page?

wendy Butcher
    Participant

Spoke too soon. I found it in the quick edit mode.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘donation checkout page’ is closed to new replies.