Donation Bars on others pages

Support Area Forums Foundation Donation Bars on others pages

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    John Beck
    Participant

Hi,

How I display donation bar on other pages without widget, something like a shortcode?

Because I need to display on home and on other page, all the donation bars I have there.

Best regards

Bill Robbins

John,

That’s a good question. The only method that’s built into the theme for adding in a donation bar is the donation widget. You can add in multiple widgets to the same page if you need to or even use a plugin like Content Aware Sidebars to have different widgets on different pages, but that’s the best built-in solution at the moment.

I’ll look at adding in a donation bar shortcode in a future update to the theme.

If I can help with anything, just let me know,
    Bill

John Beck
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry that don’t help.

When you expect to release that update? it’s really important to me

Best regards

Bill Robbins

John,

Since you’re in a hurry and I’m not sure when I’ll make the next feature update to Foundation, I went on an created a quick plugin that you can use that will add in a donation graph shortcode. You can download it here and then install it on your site.

Once it’s activated, you can use this shortcode:

Just replace the 40 with the percentage towards your goal, the http://organizedthemes.com with the URL you’d like to link to and the Button Label with what you’d like your button to say.

I left out the title and description since you can add that as part of the content of your page/post.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

John Beck
    Participant

Thanks but there some issues,

It don’t shows the Goal $ and the “Reach Our Goal” text.

After this fixed. When you update, can you please make them the same? Like you have a separated page where you put donations, and you can add on widgets/shortcodes that will show the same information on both

I’ve added “page”:

return '<div class="donate-graph-holder page">	    	
    <div class="donate-graph-cover page">

because I can display it better:

.donate-graph-holder.page {background: #0671ad;padding: 10px;margin-bottom: 20px;}
    .donate-graph-cover.page {margin-bottom: 0;}

Best regards

Bill Robbins

John,

Yes that’s correct. The shortcode version will follow the layout of the sidebar donate widget and not the home page version. The styling isn’t present for the home page one to be displayed there so that’s why I left out those elements.

You can add in text above or below the donation bar to draw people’s attention in and also to let then numerically know about the percentage of the progress.

If we end up including the shortcode in a future update, I’ll see if it can more closely resemble the home page version.

If you have any experience with CSS you could always copy the home page style of the widget out of the style.css file and then use it as a starting point for the styling.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Donation Bars on others pages’ is closed to new replies.