Donation Bar not visable

Support Area Forums Agency Donation Bar not visable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    communityclinic
    Participant

This may be a simple problem, but for some reason, I can’t get our donation bar to show up on our homepage. Can you help me out? Am I missing something really obvious? I have set the donation bar section in the settings to YES, and added information in all of the areas for the donation bar in that setting box. Is it a widget that I am overlooking?

Thanks so much.
    Jessica Capps
    http://www.communityclinicnwa.org

Bill Robbins

Jessica,

Thanks for sending the link and sorry for any confusion. Here’s what’s happening. The theme has a built in homepage that shows up automatically unless a page has been specified as the front page (see the Default Home Page article in the Knowledge Base).

To make the built in home page visible, just switch the front page displays to “Your latest Posts.”

If you’d like to have the donation bar part of the default page template, let me know and I can tell you how to make that change.

communityclinic
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. We don’t really use “Posts” as we are running this as our company website rather than a blog, so it changes the entire page layout – and really no content since we do not use posts..

Is there a way/code that I can use to enter the donation bar on JUST our homepage? We use the “default template” as our layout for many of the pages and we only want the donation bar on the home page (which yes, has been specified as the front page.

OR, would an alternative option be:
    Duplicate the “default template” with a donate bar and name it “default donate template”, that I could use on just the home page, an still use the current “default template” for all of our other pages?

I have no idea, I’m just thinking.

Bill Robbins

It does sound odd that the display latest posts would actually cause the home page to be visible instead of a blog. That’s how WordPress treats themes that have a home.php file. I may submit a patch to make a change there.

I set up a page template with the donation bar built into it. You can copy the code for it from https://gist.github.com/1468160.

Just create a new file in your theme folder called page-donate.php and paste the code from the site above into it and save your changes. That should give you a new page template that includes a donation bar.

If you have any questions/trouble, just let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Donation Bar not visable’ is closed to new replies.