Displays

Support Area Forums Kerygma Displays

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    isaac epinosa
    Participant

hello friend, I want to ask three boons:
    1) I need to add the biblical reference in each podcast, and display it in the list of the series
    2) I do not see how to add social networks in the foot
    3) And on the widget “Messages In Series” display the most current

Think you can help me with that my friend?
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Isaac,

Great questions. Let’s see if we can find help for you:

1) For the Biblical reference, are you wanting to have one reference for each series or a different reference for each podcast episode?

2) The social networks are added via a navigation menu. If you’ll look in the Navigation and Social Icons section of the theme instructions (https://support.organizedthemes.com/kerygma/) it’ll walk you through how to create a navigation menu for those.

3) Messages In Series. That spot is set up to show up to 10 messages that have been published in that series. They are sorted by title, alphabetically. Are you wanting to sort them via date? If that’s the case, here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose single-podcast.php
    3. Find this spot:

'orderby' => 'title',
      'order' => 'ASC'

and change the title to date and the ASC to DESC

4. Save your changes.

That should change the order there. That actually makes much more sense to me, so I’ll likely change that in the next theme update too.

Let me know about the series references and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

thanks for the replies
    each podcast needs its own reference, like to each podcast has a one preacher.

eg
    Series: “Luke, an encounter with truth”
    podcast title 1: Luke 1:1-2:24 / preacher one
    podcast title 2: Lucas 3-6 / preacher 2
    podcast title 3: Luke 7:1-12 / preacher one
    podcast title 4: Luke 8:1-19 / preacher one
    podcast title 5: Luke 9:1-12 / preacher 2
    podcast title 6: Luke 10:1-22 / preacher one

it’s just that in the list of the series to be the reference, like the series is displayed and shows the preacher

occurs a field where I manually type the text reference

Would it be possible?

thanks

Bill Robbins

We can make that happen with a bit of editing. In order to edit one of the files, we’ll need to install and activate a plugin called WP Editor. Once that’s one, the edit screen in the Appearance section will be renamed Theme Editor. Here’s what to do.

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Theme Editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, open the layouts folder and choose podcast-item.php
    3. Replace everything in that file with this:

(Be sure to copy the code directly from the support site and not the notification email).

4. Save your changes.
    5. Next open up the includes folder and then the post-types folder inside it. Then edit the podcast.php file there.
    6. Replace everything in that file with this:

(Again copy that code straight from the support site).

7. Save your changes.

Now when you edit a podcast episode, down below the main content box you’ll have a new spot called custom fields. Under Add New Custom Field, click the Enter New in the “name” column and enter reference there and then in the spot on the right (the value) enter the reference you’d like to use. Then click the “Add Custom Field” button and update your episode.

That should let you add in references to your podcast episodes now. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your patience and your help.
    friend, how I can do it now so that the reference is displayed in on the podcast? a left side of the discharge for example? As in the list but now in
    Sorry for this trouble, try to do it but did cant :´(
    If you could help I will be very grateful

Bill Robbins

Isaac,

Always glad to help. Are you wanting to display the reference on the individual podcast episodes too? You can do that with a quick edit. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose single-podcast.php
    3. Find this line:

<?php echo get_the_term_list( get_the_ID(), 'speaker', '<span class="speaker">', '', '</span>' ) ?>

4. Right above that add this:

(Be sure to copy the code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

5. Save your changes.

That should also add in the reference to your individual messages in addition to the list.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

mmm
    I think something went wrong, because it does not show: (

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hello Isaac,

Is it showing up in the list, just not on the individual podcast view?

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

exact
    that’s right

look

its the first

thanks for all

Bill Robbins

That is unusual. Would it be possible for you to email a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

done

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. The single-podcast.php file had already been copied over to the child theme (which is good) so I added the code there and that brought up the reference for you. I also added in a bit of styling to the child theme’s style.css file to add some space and a border like the other items there have.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there now.

Thanks,
    Bill

PS — Your site is really looking great. Would you be open to me including it in our showcase of site using our themes?

isaac epinosa
    Participant

oh yes you can, be an honor, just let me finish okay? calculation that will be ready in a week

Thanks for the support, it works great

Bill Robbins

Thanks Isaac. I’ll wait until you’re ready to go.

If you need anything else, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Displays’ is closed to new replies.