Disappearing sidebars

Support Area Forums Foundation Disappearing sidebars

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://operationrainbowcanada.ca/
  • Author
    Terry Lavender
    Participant

This morning my client alerted me to the fact that all sidebars had disappeared from the front page of her Foundation-powered site. The problem only occurs when I set my front page as non-static, blog posts. The and the sidebars still appear on all internal pages, just not on the front page blog roll. I’m currently using a child template of Foundation, but the problem persists even if I switch to the main template.

If I switch to a different template — or to a static front page, there’s no problem — the sidebars are there.(I’ve temporarily switched to a rival template so that my client at least has functionality).

Interestingly, the page also doesn’t show the top WordPress editing bar even though I’m logged in.

I’m Any thoughts as to what’s causing this? I know the site occasionally runs into memory allocation problems – could it be a memory problem?

thanks

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Terry,

The Home Top and Home Bottom sidebars in the Foundation theme are tied to the home page template. So if the missing widgets are located there and the front page is set to show latest posts the widgets will not be visible.

Here’s what I’ve done a time or two to verify what sidebar is appearing where. Add a quick text widget to each sidebar with the name of the sidebar as the title of the widget. Then view the page in question. That’ll show you what’s appearing there.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Disappearing sidebars’ is closed to new replies.