Different Home Pages

Support Area Forums Agency Different Home Pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lauren Moore
    Participant

Hi Again!
    Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!
    Is there any way to have multiple home page templates? Or would I need to create sub-urls for sub websites?

Bill Robbins

Lauren,

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving too. Mine was great…could have done without the stomach bug I caught on Friday, but even that didn’t ruin it.

Good question. It’s possible to use a plugin like Content Aware Sidebars to place different widgets on the “secondary” uses of the home page template. You could create a new sidebar that will replace the Home sidebar and then select the pages where that new sidebar is visible. That way you can control the “content” of the home page.

For the slideshow, you can use the gallery “format.” If you’ll look on the right hand side while editing your page, you’ll see a box labeled format. In that box, choose “gallery.” Now all images you upload while editing that page will be displayed in the header as your slideshow.

If you only need one image or a video, then choose image and add a featured image. That will be the header image (not a slideshow). For a video, choose the video format and then add the embed code for your video.

I think that should let you create multiple “home” pages if you need to.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Different Home Pages’ is closed to new replies.