Demo content not included?

Support Area Forums Bottega Demo content not included?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Wendy Saoutis
    Participant

I am typically very tech savvy and find that I am truly struggling to use wordpress properly. When I purchased the Bottega theme I thought I could simply remove the demo pics and text and replace it with my own. I feel as though I’m building a page from scratch. Is there any way to download the demo site content so I can simply edit it?

Bill Robbins

Wendy,

Thank for your business first of all. You are more than welcome to use the demo content too. You can find it in the Themes & Downloads section. Right under where it says Bottega, there is a link called “Sample Data” that contains an export of the demo’s content.

To use it, you’ll need to unzip the file. Then go to the Tools section in your WordPress control panel. From there choose Import and select “WordPress” as the type to import. You’ll be prompted to install a plugin. Then just follow the prompts to add the file.

If you have any questions or trouble, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again,
    Bill Robbins

Wendy Saoutis
    Participant

I do believe I had MAC related issues. I reinstalled on a PC and it worked perfectly. Thank you again. One more quick question…Can I have more than 4 drop down menu groups for my navigation button for the menu page? I like the menu template but have more than four categories. I can condense if need be but wanted to check in case.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Wendy M. Saoutis

Bill Robbins

Wendy,

You can have more than four menu groups in your drop-down. I only created four groups for the demo, but you’re welcome to list more than that. I believe the menu page template is capped at 10, but outside of that you’re welcome to have as many groups as you’d like to.

If I can help with anything else, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Demo content not included?’ is closed to new replies.