Cut off images in Slideshow

Support Area Forums Moonrise Cut off images in Slideshow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Clint Reed
    Participant

Hey there,

Great templates! I am working on creating a slideshow with some larger images (max height 1200px). Seems to be getting cut off on the height not the width.

Are there a size restrictions on the slideshow? If so is it possible to increase them?

Thank you,

Sean I.

Bill Robbins

Clint,

Thank you for your business first of all. Good question too. The slideshow images are set to be a maximum size of 960 pixels wide by 640 pixels wide. You can change that though. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php and find this line:

add_image_size('slide', 960, 640, true);

3. The 960 here is the width in pixels and the 640 is the height. You can change those to the values you’d like to have. If you make the width larger than 960, the images will be scaled down to 960 pixels wide since that’s the width of the “container” the site is in.
    4. Save your changes.

That will affect all future image uploads. To change any existing images, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Clint Reed
    Participant

Thank you! Looks great!

Clint Reed
    Participant

Oh, one more thing is there a way to change the header from a solid color to an background image?

Bill Robbins

Clint,

You can do that. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Media section in your WordPress control panel and select Add New.
    2. Upload the image you’d like to have as a background to your header.
    3. Once the upload is finished, click the “edit” link. That will open up a new tab. On the right hand side of that tab, there is a box labeled File URL. Copy that URL.
    4. Next go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    5. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#header,
      .fixed #header {
      	background-image: url(https://yoursite.com/image.png);
      }

6. Then replace the http://yoursite.com/image.png in the snippet above with the URL to your image you copied earlier.
    7. Update your settings.

That should add in a background image for you. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Clint Reed
    Participant

Works, great thank you!

Bill Robbins

Anytime. Enjoy your weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Cut off images in Slideshow’ is closed to new replies.