Customizing Menu Link Blog

Support Area Forums Progress Customizing Menu Link Blog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

It took me a while to figure out that all one has to do is create a new menu item for a blog and select the blog category to activate it.

Now, I’d like to get Progress to include the Category as the name of the blog (Success-Stories) and under it have the description text I added when creating the category before showing the postings.

I understand some other themes you have do this and was wondering how to activate it on the Progress version theme.

Thanks,

Rick

Bill Robbins

You can do that. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive.php
    3. Locate this line:

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

and replace that with this:

4. Save your changes.

That will add in a title that reflects what’s being viewed as well as the category/tag description if one exists.

If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

If you need the entire archive.php code this is it:

Just replace everything in the archive.php file with the code above and that should add in the dynamic page title and description too.

You can use the Content Aware sidebars with this template too. Sometimes the tricky part is knowing which sidebar to replace. If the Category sidebar has any widgets in it, then that’s the one that you’ll need to replace in order to create unique sidebars for each category. If it’s not in use, then the default sidebar will be in use and you’ll need to replace that one.

If you get stuck, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizing Menu Link Blog’ is closed to new replies.