CSS Help and general set up questions

Support Area Forums Foundation CSS Help and general set up questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Annette Shelby
    Participant

Hi,

Great templates, thank you.

We are working on our set up but need a some css help.

Can you give us the code to change:

1) Change font size for the title, and place our logo where the “another wordpress blog” text appears.

2) Change the color of the grey nav bars to a lighter grey.

3) We are not using mail chimp yet, but still need to capture emails. In the sign up for newsletter setting, where can we set this to send the email to our email address?

Here is our site for reference:

http://ravenswoodef.org.s143069.gridserver.com/

Thanks!

Annette

Annette Shelby
    Participant

One more question.

We put the link into our Facebook page, the icon appears, but is not active. Is there a setting to get it to link?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Annette,

Let me see if I can help you out with your questions.

1) Facebook: I took a look at your link and it appeared to work for me. It sent me to: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ravenswood-Education-Foundation/211847065533674. If you still have trouble with it, let me know.

2) Styling: Here are some custom styles you can add to make the adjustments you mentioned above. To add them, go to the theme options page and select the styling tab. If you’ll scroll down to the very bottom you’ll see a box for custom css. Paste this into that box:

#tagline {
    	right: auto;
    	top: 72px;
    }

#tagline h2,
    #tagline p {
    	color: #ffffff;
    	font-size: 34px;
    }

#logo {
    	right: 0;
    	top: 20px;
    }

#header {
    	height: 220px;
    }

#navigation {
    	background-color: #888888;
    }

That will move your logo over to the right and then place the tagline on the left. If you’d like to replace the tagline with your site title, you can do that by going to Settings and selecting “General.” You can change your tagline there.

To change the size of the tagline, edit the above styles where it says:

#tagline h2,
    #tagline p {
    	color: #ffffff;
    	font-size: 34px;
    }

and change the font-size: 34px; to a different pixel size. If you’d like to hide the tagline altogether, you can do that by using this instead:

#tagline {
    display: none;
    }

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I just realized I left out the MailChimp part. The easiest way to collect email addresses outside of a service like MailChimp is to use a contact form. I’m a huge fan of Gravity Forms for WordPress forms. There are other good contact form plugins out there too, but it’s hard to beat Gravity Forms for its ease of use and power.

The best bet would be to use a contact form plugin that has a widget so you can place a sign up most anywhere.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS Help and general set up questions’ is closed to new replies.