Crossover from Epic Church Theme help

Support Area Forums Grassroots Crossover from Epic Church Theme help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Andrew Detwiler
    Participant

Hi Bill!

I talked to you on Creative Market and you asked to transfer the question here. I’ll copy the question and your reply:

In the Epic Church theme you have a Message Series page. I am trying to recreate that but I can’t quite get it right. How can I implement the look that you have in your Epic Church theme Message Series example on the Grassroots theme.
    I’m pretty much a novice at all this – I just had the time to try and figure it out. Any help you could give would be very much appreciated!

Hello Andrew,
    I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme so far. Great questions too. Let’s find answers for you.
    For the podcasting, those features are not built into the Grassroots theme. I can think of a way you could create something similar if you like to try. If you don’t mind, please post the question in our support forum.
    That will help me help you out best.
    Thanks again,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hello Andrew,

Great question there. The podcast section in Epic (and our other church themes) is pretty tightly integrated into those themes both in functionality and in style. While it could be ported over, that would take a fair amount of coding to accomplish.

Here’s one option that wouldn’t require you to make any edits. You could use posts for each of your podcast episodes. You can group them together into series by assigning them to categories that correspond to each series.

Then create a new page that will serve as the landing page for all of your series. Here we’ll place the graphics for your series so that your visitors can click on the appropriate one and find the episodes that go with it.

Next you’ll want to create the images for your series. You’ll want to make them uniform in size so they line up nicely, say 300 pixels wide by 200 pixels or something similar.

Then it’s time to add them to your series page. As you add an image into a page in WordPress, you’re given an option to set what that image links to. Enter the URL for the corresponding category into the URL field and insert the image. Set it to align to the left so that other images can be placed next to it.

Repeat that for all the images and you’ll end up with a landing page for your series without having to edit things.

You can also add in a plugin like BluBrry PowerPress (https://wordpress.org/plugins/powerpress/) to handle the podcasting functionality for you; things like iTunes feeds and so on.

If you have questions implementing that just let me know. If you decide you want the complete podcasting setup from Epic or Kerygma, let me know and I can give you a quote on creating a child theme to add that in.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Crossover from Epic Church Theme help’ is closed to new replies.