Creating a Message Series

Support Area Forums Epic Creating a Message Series

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    James Pyles
    Participant

I tried looking in the “Make My Site Look Like the Demo” thread, but when I open it, it’s blank, even though it says it has 1 voice and 2 posts. There’s not even a way to post a message.

Anyway, I’m just about finished building (finally) the site for my church, and I want to create a “Message Series” page like in the demo:

However, it isn’t apparent in the Dashboard how to do this and I can’t find any instructions in the support documentation. Can anyone help me out? The Pastoral staff is wanting to get the new site online pretty soon.

Thanks.

James Pyles
    Participant

OK, my original post disappeared again.

I would like to create a message series page like the one in the Epic demo:

I tried looking in the “Make My Site Look Like a Demo” forum thread, but there’s no content in that thread, even though it says it has 1 voice and 2 posts.

I’m nearly done (finally) constructing the site for my church and this is the one major task that needs to be finished.

I’ve tried looking in the support documentation, but there’s no indication on how to create multiple podcasts series and then display the links/images on the message series page.

Could you help out please?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

James,

Sorry about the trouble with that post. It was my first attempt at a sticky post in the forum, but I wasn’t looking to have replies there so when I closed it, it removed the content. I thought I had them all opened back up, but apparently the Epic one was still missing.

If you’d like to import the sample data, you can do that at https://support.organizedthemes.com/sample-data/

If you’re starting from scratch and would like to import the sample data, then that’s the place for you.

For the message series, here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Pages section in your WordPress control pane and select Add New.
    2. Look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box labeled Attributes. In that box there is a drop-down menu for templates. In that drop-down, choose “Podcast Series List” and publish your page.
    3. Next go to the Podcast section of your site. In the podcast area, you’ll see a spot for series. Click on that.
    4. On this screen you can add and edit your message series. There is a spot where you can upload your message series graphics while either editing an existing series or while creating a new one. In order to use the template, you’ll need at least one series that has a graphic uploaded for it. For best results, size your graphics to be 560 pixels wide by 340 pixels tall.
    5. After you’ve created at least one series, you can then assign your podcast episodes to them. To do that, either create a new podcast or edit an existing one. You can do that by going to the Podcast section and selecting Add New.
    6. If you’ll look in the right hand column again, you’ll see a box for “Series.” You can select any existing series there. Just check the box next to the series to add the podcast to it. Then publish/update your podcast.
    7. The last thing you’ll want to do is add your Message List page to the navigation. Go to the Appearance section and select Menus to find the screen where you’ll do that.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

James Pyles
    Participant

Thanks, it’s working so far with just a few glitches.

All of the mp3s I need are on another site. I can link to where the mp3s live on the other site and things work out fine, but when I try to upload, I get an error message saying the size of the mp3 exceeds the maximum upload limit for the site. I assume that’s a problem I’ll have to take up with the host.

Also, I’ve inserted the images at the size you suggested so they look fine on the “Message Series” page. But when you click the specific series, the image only covers part of the header. I can’t see where I can insert two different sizes of the same image but there must be a way.

What’s the trick?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

James,

Sorry about the image size. It’s actually 960 by 540. Try making them that size and that should do the trick.

For the maximum file size, that’s set by the server. You can ask your host to increase that for you. In the event that they are unwilling to make it large enough, you can upload the files via FTP and still include them in your WordPress media library. There’s a quick post at http://www.organizedthemes.com/add-large-files-wordpress/ that can walk you through how to do that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a Message Series’ is closed to new replies.