Contact widget in Elite

Support Area Forums Elite Contact widget in Elite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Thomas
    Participant

Hi and thanks for the support earlier this week!

Is there a Contact widget that comes with this theme? If not, what is the easiest way to add one?

Thanks!
    mt

Bill Robbins

Hello Michael,

Always glad to help out. There’s not a specific contact widget that’s part of the theme. What kind of content are you looking to add specifically and where would you like it to go? If you’ll let me know those two things, I’ll be glad to help you do that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Michael Thomas
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Really, a very simple contact experience similar to what you have on your website. In fact, that is pretty much it. I’d want to customize the list of reasons for contact but that’s about all.

Hey one more (for now) question… I’m pretty used to traditional programming methods, not the WordPress experience. So there are a number of things that I look around for (like controlling font settings, etc) that aren’t always exposed in the Appearance settings or the settings for the individual pages. For example – the font settings for the Hero text. Is all that stuff in the CSS? if you want me to make a separate thread for these kinds of questions i’m happy to do that.

Thanks!
    mt

Bill Robbins

Hey Michael,

Gotcha. I made our contact form using a plugin called Gravity Forms. It has the rare combination of being easy to use and also really powerful if you need it. It’s the standard in WordPress forms.

But there are other good ones out there if you’re looking for a free option. Visual Form Builder and Ninja Forms both offer their basic forms for free with paid add-ons if you need more features.

For the fonts, the tricky thing with offering font options for each hero section is we have to load the necessary files from Google in order for the fonts to work. We don’t want to load any of them more than once or load ones that are only needed on one page when you’re viewing another one because multiple font files can really slow a site down.

If it’s something you’re wanting to do, you might consider disabling the built-in Google font options and then using a plugin like http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-typography/ to add in the fonts you need. That plugin will allow you to assign a font combination to any CSS selector on your site. WordPress adds a unique ID to the body tag of every page/post which you can use to hook your stylings too.

If you need any help doing that, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact widget in Elite’ is closed to new replies.