Contact page for questions.

Support Area Forums Epic Contact page for questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Wilson
    Participant

How do you add a contact page where people can ask questions or send comments. I have tried different things but to no avail. I am a WordPress newbie, so please advise.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Thank you for your business first of all. The way to add a contact form to a page is with a plugin. Two very popular ones are Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms. Both of them allow you to add a form that your visitors can fill out to respond to you on your site.

Contact Form 7 is full featured and free, where it differs significantly from Gravity Forms is the later is easier to use. Gravity Forms is also a paid plugin.

I have customers who use both and seem pleased with them.

If you have any other questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Michael Wilson
    Participant

Thanks Bill. I have installed several plug-ins but being unfamaliar with plug ins I can’t seem to figure them out. When I go to them all I can seem to get to is the edit page where I don’t get all the code. Do I have to edit the code to get it to work? Secondly, how do I get a plugin to my page? I tried pasting the code into the html portion but to no avail. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Most of the contact form plugins will have one area where you create and set up your forms. Then they are added to a page or post via what’s called a “Shortcode” which is essentially a small bit of text wrapped in brackets.

Gravity Forms has a button they add right next to the upload/insert media button when you’re editing a page or post. You can click that button and select which form you’d like to insert there.

If you’re using Contact Form 7, they have a collection of instructions on their docs site that can walk you through that.

If you still have trouble, let me know which plugin you’re using and I’ll try to be more specific. I’d strongly encourage using either Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact page for questions.’ is closed to new replies.