Contact Form and Facebook

Support Area Forums Agency Contact Form and Facebook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi Bill,  In Bottega, is there a way to add a form that collects the person’s name, address, email, and birthdate to a page?  Also, any idea why my Facebook like box doesn’t stay “on” all of the time.  It’s still there, but if I’m not logged in it doesn’t display correctly.  Is there a special URL I need to insert to make sure it displays as “on” all of the time?  Thank you so much for your help!

Bill Robbins

Monica,

Great questions. Let me see if I can help you out.

1) For contact forms, I’m a huge fan of Gravity Forms. It’s very easy to use and set up and it just plain works well. I can’t recommend it enough.

2) I just discovered a limitation on Facebook’s pages and the like box recently that may be coming into play here. If the Facebook page has a age restriction set, or it’s set to alcohol related, then only people who are logged into Facebook and over the set age will be able to view the page. If it’s set to something other than 13+ and the user is not logged into Facebook, then the like box is hidden.

I hope that makes sense. Another customer and I discovered this about his restaurant which was set to the alcohol setting since they serve drinks.

If you have any trouble or questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill, you’re awesome. Thanks for answering my questions about Bottega, even though I realized later I posted them in a different forum.

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help. Let me know if you need anything else.

Bill, I got around to logging into Facebook and checking out settings, but alcohol isn’t checked and the age setting is 13+. Do you think I’m linking correctly? Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

Bill, I figured it out. At the end of the URL, there was a #! inserted. By removing those characters, the faces now appear in the widget.

Bill Robbins

Monica,

Glad to hear you caught that. If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact Form and Facebook’ is closed to new replies.