Connect With Us/Sign Up For Our Newsletter?

Support Area Forums Epic Connect With Us/Sign Up For Our Newsletter?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.CorPatris.com
  • Author
    Jerry Chavez
    Participant

Bill,

I’ve asked this question before here, I’ve never been able to get this to work.

Could you please update your instructions.

1. I was not able to find so called MailChimp “List ID”
    2. I was not able to find where on WordPress Admin Theme so I can “…copy that and add it to the field for it in the theme options’ identity tab.”
    3. Because I was not able to do Step 2, I can’t do Step 3 with regards to API key.

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Jerry,

In your MailChimp account, click on the link for “Lists” at the top of the screen. This will bring you to the lists that you have in your MailChimp account. Every account has to have at least one list. On the right hand side of the list you want to work with you’ll see a down arrow. Click on it and choose settings. The Unique ID will be listed at the bottom of that screen. Copy that and go to the Theme Options page and choose the Identity tab. Close to the bottom of this tab you’ll find the spot for the MailChimp List Number. That is where to paste this list ID.

The API key can be found by clicking on your name in the top right of your MailChimp account and then selecting the “Account” option. The link that appears on the next screen for “Extras” is where you’ll click and select API Keys. Click on the button to create an API key and copy what they give you. Then paste that in the theme options page back on your site in the field for it.

Lastly to have the sign up box actually appear in the widget, edit the widget (Appearance > Widgets in your WordPress dashboard). Make sure the checkbox for “Show Newsletter Sign Up” is selected.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Connect With Us/Sign Up For Our Newsletter?’ is closed to new replies.