conflict between page builder plugin and Hero section

Support Area Forums Elite conflict between page builder plugin and Hero section

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://katharinamathea.de
  • Author
    Nina Heinz
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have a question considering the use of the page builder plugin for wordpress. I was trying to create seperate sections with it on the body of a page that also has a hero image and hero text. What happened was, that the body text (created with the page builder plugin) overlayed the hero image and text as though the page builder plugin didn’t take notice of the hero section at all. It didn’t even get better when I deleted all rows and widgets created with the plugin and went back to the visual editor.

Do you have an idea how to keep the image hero and hero text while using that plugin or do you know of a better way to create sections for text and background images (like the home sections on the homepage) with the elite theme?

Thanks very much for your help!

Kind regards,
    Nina

Bill Robbins

Hi Nina,

I’d be glad to see if I can spot anything. Do you have a page’s URL that you could send over where I could see what’s happening? Even if it’s just a quick sample page that has a hero and the page builder that’s not cooperating together, that would help me, help out.

Thanks,
    Bill

Nina Heinz
    Participant

Here’s a sample page:

http://katharinamathea.de/test/

I use the Page Builder plugin by SiteOrigin.

thanks again,
    Nina

Bill Robbins

Hi Nina,

I believe I see what’s happening there. Try making this edit:

1. In the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard, click on Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose hero-options.php and find this line (line 147):

<?php echo apply_filters('the_content', get_post_meta($post->ID, 'hero_caption', true)); ?>

3. Change it to be like this:

(See support site for code).

4. Save your changes.

See if that won’t work out better for you. If you like Page Builder, you might also look at Finesse and Mise En Place as both of them are created specifically for that plugin.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Nina Heinz
    Participant

Hey Bill,

it works! Thank you so much, I’m very exited. I don’t know what all that code means, but it fixed the problem perfectly.

Have a great day,
    Nina

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick Nina. Have a great day too 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘conflict between page builder plugin and Hero section’ is closed to new replies.