Company Watermark different location?

Support Area Forums Agency Company Watermark different location?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lauren Moore
    Participant

Good Morning,
    I’m pretty sure this is the sixth thing I’m contacting you about! I hope there’s a neediest customer award!
    Anyways, my boss is frustrated with the placement of the Organized Theme logo- as it is located in the footer menu, and she believes our clients will be confused by it and try and click on it. I told her that it’s the logo of the theme that we purchased but she is insisting we try and move it. Is there any way we could move it? Perhaps putting it under the footer menu in the teal? Here is the website URL so you know what I am talking about. http://www.newbeginningsnh.org
    Lauren

Bill Robbins

Too funny Lauren. Always glad to help (and you’re a long ways from a record too 🙂 ).

It does look a bit crowded down there. Try adding to the Custom CSS box and see if that won’t help out:

#footer-left {
    	display: none;
    }

That will hide the text there so you’re menu has more room too.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

My laptop must be really bizarre, but this happens every time I try and open the editor. It won’t allow me to adjust the css myself- it will present a blank white page. How frustrating!

Bill Robbins

Well that’s not good. You could try using the WP Editor plugin. It has much more full featured editor than the one that’s built into WordPress.

To be honest though, if you’re editing WordPress files often, you probably want to start making the changes on your laptop and not directly on the server. You can use any text editor out there and then upload the changes with a FTP program.

That’s especially helpful if you’re editing a function file in a theme because a typo can lock you out of your site.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

For some reason the entire website is white washed. I can’t load the home page and I can’t visit the dashboard or anything. Do you think if I gave you the account information you would have time to take a look at it for me? I know you’ve done this twice before- when the format was wonky and when I wanted to make the tagline a hyperlink. I understand if you don’t have time tho!

Bill Robbins

If every page is white on the front end and the backend, then thats like a php error. To fix that, you’ll need to use either a FTP program or the file browser that’s part of your web host’s control panel to browse to the wp-content/themes folder. Once there you’ll need to rename the agency theme folder there to something like agency1. That should manually deactivate the theme and allow you to log in again. It may take refreshing the page a few times for that to work.

Most likely it’s a php error inside a theme function file, either directly in the functions.php file or one loaded by it. Unfortunately it’s not very forgiving if something is wrong. If there is a typo, you can get the white screen of death like you described.

You’ll need to change the file you were working with back to how it was before. Then you should be able to use the theme again.

If you need any help, let me know. If you need me to take a look for you, send over the FTP credentials for your site, the WordPress login details and also the name of the file you were working on to support@organizedthemes.com and I’ll take a look for you.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Company Watermark different location?’ is closed to new replies.