Comments seciont

Support Area Forums Epic Comments seciont

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    John Baker
    Participant

We upload our weekly sermons to our podcast page and we would like to try and turn on a comments or discussion box on the pocast page. I find a lot of ways to turn off discussion boxes but this page in the Epic theme doesn’t have a comments/discussion feature in it that we can find. How can I add a discussion page or turn on a comments or feed-back box on each of our podcasts?

John

Bill Robbins

Hi John,

Great question there. You can add in comments for your podcasts. I would suggest adding them to the individual podcast episodes. That way the conversation that develops will go with each podcast and not have all of the podcasts discussed in one thread.

Here’s how you could go about doing this:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose single-podcast.php
    3. Look down just a bit and you’ll see this line:

<?php the_content(); ?>

4. Right below that add this:

(See support topic for code snippet)

5. Save your changes.
    6. Next choose the functions.php file on your right. Scroll down to the very bottom and add this:

(See support topic for code snippet)

7. Save your changes.

I believe that should add comments to your individual podcast episodes. If you run into any trouble there, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

John Baker
    Participant

Awesome it worked. The only thing is that it at first didn’t show up and then I figured it out, you have to go back to the podcast page and check/enable comments for the page (that option didn’t show up before). Now it all seems to be working! Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Comments seciont’ is closed to new replies.