Columns

Support Area Forums Kerygma Columns

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://gator4112.hostgator.com/~fhafc/wp-admin/
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

We would like to make columns on our ‘Connect’ page. Is that something we can do?

Bill Robbins

It is possible to add in columns. Probably the best way to go about that is with a plugin like Column Shortcodes (https://wordpress.org/plugins/column-shortcodes/). This one adds a new button to your editor that lets create columns of various sizes. That’s how I would go about creating them.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Thank you. I just downloded the plugin … now I don’t see how I would access it.

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

I see now at the top of the page to edit that there is a button I can click to decide how many columns and where to place the column but I must be doing something wrong. It doesn’t seem to be changing anything. I’ve tried placing the code both before and after what I want in a particular column. Can you help?

Bill Robbins

Susan,

The button adds what are called “shortcodes” into the content of your page. Say you insert the 1/3 column it’ll add this to the page for you:

[one_third][/one_third]

The content for this 1/3 column will go between those two tags like this:

[one_third]Your content goes here[/one_third]

You can place text, images, videos, pretty much any content in there.

The columns won’t be reflected on the backend of the site, but they will appear on the front for you.

Take care,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Okay. Thank you. Does it need to have a different code for the second third and third third?

Bill Robbins

Each width has a separate code. Use the columns button to insert them though. It’ll be more convenient.

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Thank you. I’m not sure I’m doing this in the right section. I’ve attached a picture of the page I’m working on. I see the little button on the top next to add media. Do I click there? I only see one third first and one third last. Nothing for the middle … that I can see.

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

That’s the right spot. Use the first for all of the columns except for the last column. That one choose the last option.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Columns’ is closed to new replies.