Color Problems on Pages, Drop-Down Menu

Support Area Forums Epic Color Problems on Pages, Drop-Down Menu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    David Woll
    Participant

I’m having color problems. When I load my page columbiaheights.org in Google Chrome, it looks perfect, a light gray. But when I load it in Firefox 15.0, the color of the “container” behind the slider and the main box on pages is almost black.

Same color problems on the drop-down nav menu. Any idea what’s going on? How can I fix this?

Bill Robbins

David,

I took a look and it appears that there are some unusual line breaks in your style.css file. Here’s a quick picture of the difference between the section of the style.css file that defines the “light” style in your site (left) vs. the demo (right)

Chrome and Safari are a bit kinder in terms of rendering things than Firefox can be. Most likely they were able to interpret things as they should be where Firefox couldn’t and just went back to the default “dark” style.

I’d suggest downloading a fresh copy of the theme and then at the very least replacing the “light style” section in the style.css file. That would restore that section back to it’s normal state and should fix that.

You can also update the entire theme if you’d like to. It has couple of Internet Explorer 8 fixes that we added in about two weeks ago.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

David Woll
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I installed the Epic v 1.1.5 theme. I like the sermon player update. Looks like it fixed the coloring issue on Firefox.

Problem is, my homepage slider disappeared. I’m going to switch back to v. 1.0.0 for the time being. Any thoughts?

The home page is still set to display latest posts.

I haven’t changed anything with the home page settings under Theme Options. They are as follows

Choose between a slideshow or video for your home page.
    Automatically Play Slideshow
    Yes

Choose yes to have the slideshow begin sliding once the page loads. If you are using videos, we recommend setting this to NO.
    Previous/Next Buttons
    Yes

Choose yes to display previous/next buttons.
    Animation Type
    Slide

The slideshow can either use a fade or a slide for transitions.
    Slide Duration

Animation Duration

Bill Robbins

David,

It could be a browser cache problem. Between version 1.0 and 1.1 I updated the slideshow script to the most recent one. It’s possible that if your browser was using the cached version of that file that the slideshow wouldn’t show up.

I’d be glad to take a look for you. I know you don’t want to leave your site without the slideshow. If you want to email me when you’re ready to make the change, I’ll take a look so you can swap back (or fix it) quickly. I know I’ll be around this afternoon if you have time then. I have to go to a “meet the teacher” event for my preschooler this morning.

Thanks,
    Bill

David Woll
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Our feed is working…most of the way. I ran the feed through a feed validator, and it’s pointing out that we need to be able to tell iTunes we are not Explicit, and it’s looking for a duration on the mp3.

Our feed url is incorrect above. Of course, the one straight from our site is http://www.columbiaheights.org/podcast-feed/ but the feedburner address that we are sending to iTunes is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ColumbiaHeightsAssemblyPodcast. I was missing the “Podcast” at the end.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Color Problems on Pages, Drop-Down Menu’ is closed to new replies.