Color and police for the header

Support Area Forums Bottega Color and police for the header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    lise werle
    Participant

Hello,

I have a white image logo, so I would like my header to be white. This is easy ๐Ÿ™‚
    My problem is I can’t find how to change the color of the Text in my Header (for the menu) – I would like to turn it into dark grey. Here, it is written white on a white background …

My second question is how to change the police for the whole site. I have tried to change it into the Editor in my dashboard but It doesn’t seem to work.

Thank you so much for your help !
    Lise

Bill Robbins

Lise,

Great question. Here’s how you can change the color for the navigation menu items:

1. Go to the theme options page and choose the styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the box for “Custom CSS.”
    3. Paste this into that box:

.menu a, 
      .menu a:visited {
      	color: #000000;
      }

4. You can replace the #000000 (black) with the color of your choice. You can use the color pickers above to help find the correct color if you need to.
    5. Save your changes.

That will update the menu color.

I think we may have had a small problem in translation with your second question. It came through as changing the police (law enforcement) for the entire site. If you don’t mind trying again, I’d be glad to help you make the change for your site. Just let me know what you’d like to change.

Thanks,
    Bill

lise werle
    Participant

lol
    Yes sorry I made a little translation mistake.
    What we call “police d’รฉcriture” in french is actually a “font”

Thks for the color, I’ve made the change ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lise

Bill Robbins

Too funny. Thanks for the French lesson. I’ll have to remember that one ๐Ÿ™‚

For changing out fonts, I’m a fan of two plugins that help with fonts: WP Google Fonts and Fontific. They both allow you to make changes to your fonts using Google’s web fonts.

If you go with Fontific, paste this in the box in the top left of the plugin to set the font for your site:

body, p, li, ol, ul, span, div, label, legend, form, fieldset, input, ul li, ol, li

It will change all the fonts, except for the headings. I’d suggest changing the headings individually. Here they are:

h1,
    h2,
    h3,
    h4,
    h5,
    h6

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

lise werle
    Participant

Great !!!!
    Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Bill Robbins

Glad to help. Take care.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Color and police for the header’ is closed to new replies.