Coding text showing on product pages

Support Area Forums Grassroots Coding text showing on product pages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://thebigpicproject.org/product/kenya-africa-school-build-campaign/
  • Author
    Karin Doolin
    Participant

I have text/html/coding showing up next to the photo in all of my product pages. I’ve tried everything to get rid of it and cannot figure it out. Can you help? Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Hello Karin,

Sorry about that. I’d be glad to take a look for you. Is it possible to see past the coming soon screen so I can see what’s happening there?

Thanks,
    Bill

Karin Doolin
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply!! I took off the under construction page so you could take a look! Thank you!!
    http://thebigpicproject.org/product/kenya-africa-school-build-campaign/

Bill Robbins

Thanks for turning that off. That’s a new one on me. It looks like a block of CSS is being inserted into one of the hooks in the product page. I’m not certain of its source though.

Let’s try this first. Deactivate all plugin except for WooCommerce and see if it’s still there. If it’s gone, then turn them back on, one by one until it appears again. Then we’ll know where the source of the trouble is.

If disabling the plugins doesn’t change that, let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Karin Doolin
    Participant

I deactivated all plugins except woo commerce and it is still there. I don’t know if it is an issue because I had it on our previous site and something in that coding is screwing it up? (Forgive my ignorance, I really don’t know a single thing about ccs!!) 🙂

Bill Robbins

Would you mind if I took a look for you on the backend of things? You can make a private post here with login details and I’ll be the only one who can see it. There is a checkbox right above the attachment spot that you can use to make it private. I’ll see if I can spot the source of that for you.

Karin Doolin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login Karin. I did notice that there are quite a few pending updates. What I would try next is make a backup of your site. You can use a plugin like WP Backup to Dropbox or one of the others to do that. I don’t expect any trouble, but it’s good to have just in case.

Then update the WordPress core and your plugins. Then let’s see if that CSS is still showing up where it doesn’t belong.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Karin Doolin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Karin Doolin
    Participant

Ignore that last message!!!! I updated woo commerce and its FIXED!!!!! AHHHHH! I’m so excited!
    Thank you for everything!!
    (I will still take any site you have to leave great reviews though!!) 🙂
    THANK YOU~

Bill Robbins

Fantastic! I’m glad that did the trick for you 🙂

Thanks for the kind offer. We do sell themes at Creative Market too (https://creativemarket.com/organizedthemes) and likes on them there are always appreciated 🙂

Thanks again and have a great night,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Coding text showing on product pages’ is closed to new replies.