child-menu not working

Support Area Forums Agency child-menu not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Brown
    Participant

I’m working on setting up my ‘menu’ bar.

I have made a set ‘menu’ name: ‘home’.

After I ‘add to menu’ the desired pages to the list, they appear in the window where you can organize the placement and where each page should fall.

So I have set the ‘parent’ menu items, ie. about us, contact. They work fine.

Then I add the ‘child’ menu items under them, ie. about us: history, vision, leadership etc.. They work fine.

My problem is when I make ‘grand-child’ (don’t know what else to call it) menu items under the ‘child’ menu… so say, i want leadership to show a list of top-level employees as they have their own pages. But they do not show up on the ‘menu’.

I am confused because it seems from the organization of how to organize the menu while setting it up, it is possible… they just do not appear when it is all saved and refreshed.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for your business first of all. Because the navigation is so close to the right, the grand-child elements were often difficult to use, but you can easily add support for them. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css. Look for this spot:

.menu a, .menu a:visited {
    color: #fff;
    display: block;
    margin: 0 0 0 5px;
    font-size: 16px;
    padding: 6px 9px;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    }

and paste this right above it:

ul.menu li li:hover ul,
    ul.menu li li.sfHover ul {
    width: 160px;
    left: 160px; /* match ul width */
    top: -10px;
    }

ul.menu li li li:hover ul,
    ul.menu li li li.sfHover ul {
    left: 160px; /* match ul width */
    top: 0;
    }

#navigation ul {
    list-style: none;
    margin: 6px 0 0 6px;
    }

#navigation li {
    float: left;
    }

save your changes and that should enable the grand-child level menu items. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Mark Brown
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you very much for your prompt response and solution! They work great. We did consider also the space but we just will arrange it so it looks fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘child-menu not working’ is closed to new replies.