"Check out Cart" isn't working with "donate" button

Support Area Forums Grassroots "Check out Cart" isn't working with "donate" button

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://testsite.bharts.org/
  • Author

Hi,
    I have started a donation campaign on our site, and have linked the campaign to our “Paypal” ID, however when I try to test the donation button, I can see that there is a “View Cart” area, however that area doesn’t go to any sort of area where a donator can actually make a PayPal donation.
    I will PM you our log in info so you can see the set up for yourself if that is helpful.

I also have a separate “donate” question that I will post separately.

Thanks in advance Bill.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I’d be glad to take a look. What’s the username there?

Thanks,
    Bill

This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Carmelita,

It looks like in the WooCommerce settings you had both the cart page and the checkout page set to the same page, Donations.

Most likely you want to create a product called donation. Then create a page for the cart and then another for checkout. When those are assigned to the same page, bad things happen.

Give that a shot and let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Hmm. I couldn’t figure it out, but now at least it goes to the “donate” page so donors can enter the Paypal link. So it kind of addresses the main concern of being able to accept donations.
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hope you don’t mind, but I went in and created a cart page and then assigned it and the checkout pages in the WooCommerce settings for you. Those will have to be there in order to process the transactions.

Think of it like buying something from Amazon. First you add the item to the cart. Then you view the cart and proceed to checkout. Each one of those is a separate page. WooCommerce just wants to know which pages do we want to use to make that happen. I made the pages and assigned them for you.

Even though it’s a donation, it basically the same thing as buying a shirt.

Take care,
    Bill

Thanks yo. That’s wonderful!

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘"Check out Cart" isn't working with "donate" button’ is closed to new replies.