Cheatin' Huh error message.

Support Area Forums Progress Cheatin' Huh error message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Pamela Cather
    Participant

Bill,

I believe Dave my partner was talking to you while I was on vacation. We use the old version of Progress: Gallery. For some reason the slideshow which has worked fine for several months went crazy. He contacted you and you had him switch to using the wp-cycle plugin; having him made a couple of changes in coding to do so. Not sure exactly what they were.

Anyway, I use a plug-in called User Role Editor to restrict the staff to certain pages. When I first started using this plug-in, it gave the staff with the role of ‘editor’ an error message when they tried to add images to the slideshow: Cheatin’ Huh. This error message comes from the option.php. I corrected it by editing and adding the following to the ot-cycle.php:

// this function adds the settings page to the dashboard
    add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘add_ot_cycle_menu’);
    function add_ot_cycle_menu() {
    add_theme_page(‘Slideshow’, ‘Slideshow’, 2, ‘ot-cycle’, ‘ot_cycle_admin_page’);

}

// get the “editor” role object
    $role = get_role( ‘editor’ );

// add “ot-cycle” to this role object
    $role->add_cap( ‘ot-cycle’ );

I can’t remember for sure but I think these are the only changes I had to make.

Since, Dave changed to wp-cycle, the staff is getting the Cheatin’ Huh error message again. I’ve made the same changes to the wp-cycle.php but this time it is not eliminating the Cheatin’ Huh error message.

Also, while signed in as an administrator, when I go to the plugins page and click on the settings link for the wp-cycle I get the following error message:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks as always for all your help.

Bill Robbins

Pamela,

I think I know what may be causing the trouble. When I took the original wp-cycle plugin and incorporated it into the theme, most people used a number system for WordPress roles.
    That’s the “2” in this line:

add_theme_page(‘Slideshow’, ‘Slideshow’, 2, ‘ot-cycle’, ‘ot_cycle_admin_page’);

Before I stopped using this slideshow, I did update it to use the more common user roles that are preferable now. Below I’ve pasted the last version of the slideshow that I made. It lets anyone who has permission to “edit posts” have access to the slideshow. You might try updating to that and see if it works better for you.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Pamela Cather
    Participant

It seems to me that the easiest way for me to do this is you cut and paste this into the original ot-cycle file and then undo the changes that were made to use the wp-cycle plug-in. Can you tell me the changes you had Dave change as he can’t find the email with your instructions? Thanks.

Bill Robbins

The only other change you’ll need to make is to the home.php file. Deactivate the WP-Cycle plugin and then change this line in home.php

<?php wp_cycle(); ?>

to this:

Save your changes and that should let your slideshow work again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cheatin&#039; Huh error message.’ is closed to new replies.