Changing Social Media Icons

Support Area Forums Elite Changing Social Media Icons

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dylan Delaney
    Participant

I am trying to link to a Flickr account using the social media plugin… There is not current an option for Flickr. I am not using several of the options that are there… How do I change one of the other icon images to show a Flickr icon?

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Hello Dylan,

Great question. You can do that. What you’ll want to do is pick out one of the unused networks. For the example we’ll make use of Google. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom and add this:
      ul.network-icons li.google a:before {
      	content: '\e0a6';
      }

4. Save your changes.

That will replace the Google icon with a Flickr one. You’ll enter your Flickr URL into the spot for Google+ and that should do it. You can change networks by replacing google in the snippet above with the name of the network you’re using. Keep it all lowercase too.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hold on just a minute. I just checked the widget and there is a Flickr spot. It’s between Facebook and Google Plus in the list. If you add your URL there that should do it. If that gives you trouble let me know.

Bill

Dylan Delaney
    Participant

Thanks for the help Bill! Sorry… I actually need to add a Tumblr account, not a Flickr… What should I do to add the Tumblr account?

Bill Robbins

I believe we can make Tumblr work. Same idea I posed above for Flickr. Just use this CSS snippet instead:

ul.network-icons li.google a:before {
    	content: '\e0c5';
    }

and that should do it. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Social Media Icons’ is closed to new replies.