changing order of homeblocks and pictures

Support Area Forums Selfie changing order of homeblocks and pictures

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.franzikreis.com
  • Author
    Franzi Kreis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

first of all: it’s amazing to work with your theme, almost everything is running now and I enjoy that my pictures finally get enough space on my website.

There are only a few questions:

1) Is it possible to change the order of the homeblocks afterwards? I would like to have the possibility to add a new homeblock for a project that is head of the website by then – without rebuilding the whole thing.
    2) Is it possible to change the order of single pictures of one homeblock? (similiar to my first question I want to be able to have my newest pictures on the first postitions of the gallery)
    3) Captions: I added some captions to my pictures – unfortunately they are only shown partly if they contain than 50 letters: is it possible to change that?
    4) I would like to save my pictures as they appear quite big in the site: is it possible to deactivate the function of copying/saving pictures?

all the best and thank you,
    franzi

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Franzi,

I hope you had a great weekend. Let’s see if we can help out with these next questions:

1) You can change the order of your home blocks. There is a plugin called Simple Page Order http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-page-ordering/ that will let you drag and drop your home blocks into the correct order. That’s the simplest way to go about rearranging them.

2) Gallery images. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to reorder those. The only option would be to click the “x” to remove the image (it’ll stay in your library though) and then add it back again.

3) Excellent question. There is only space for a limited amount of text in the captions. They are probably better suited to call them titles vs. captions.

I utilized the caption field of the images instead of the title because the title will default to the file name. I didn’t want the filename showing if someone hadn’t entered a title for the image. The caption is empty by default so we went with it. I would try to keep them as short as possible.

4) Are you saying you would like to prevent people from copying images from your site? There is a plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-content-copy-protector/) that says it will do that. In reality, it will still be possible to take images, but hopefully this will prevent people who are less technical from simply dragging and dropping them out of your site.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Franzi Kreis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

thank you very much for your precise response. It will take me until tomorrow until I have time to check if this works out – I will let you know as soon as I have tried.

All the best,
    Franzi.

Franzi Kreis
    Participant

Hello Bill,

short information: I installed both plugins and it works out perfect now!

Thank you and all the best,
    Franzi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘changing order of homeblocks and pictures’ is closed to new replies.