Changes to Agency Theme or Incompatibility with 3.4.2?

Support Area Forums Agency Changes to Agency Theme or Incompatibility with 3.4.2?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tyler Pease
    Participant

I recently downloaded the Agency theme again. I have used this previously with no trouble. I looked at my other site and it is using Agency version 1.2.3. The new version is being reported as 2.0.2.

Under the Appearance menu there use to be options for Agency Theme and Slideshow, now these are gone and seem to be replaced by Theme Options. The instructions for Agency on this site still reference the Slideshow option.

I cannot seem to get the slideshow working. First, I have uploaded photos and they show on the admin page but there are also category dropdown boxes which have nothing in them. The description “Select an image here that will be displayed in the header above the category archive.” makes no sense to me.

Second, I can’t find options to change the background from Blue to other backgrounds. Currently, no background appears.

Are these known changes?

Bill Robbins

Tyler,

Sorry for the confusion. Version 2.0 was a significant update to the theme to bring it in line with our other themes as well as to include some new options. Unfortunately the documentation was still in line with the old version.

I’ve update the documentation at https://support.organizedthemes.com/2166/agency-theme-instructions/ to explain how the theme works.

The slideshow section has been move to the “Media” part of your WordPress control panel. There you can add your slides similar to adding a post. There is a quick video that walks through how this works with our Progress theme (the method is the same) here:

The styling options are now part of the theme options page. You’ll notice at the top of the options page three tabs. The last one is for styling. The first option there allows you to add a background image and set a fallback color.

If I can help, just let me know,
    Bill

Tyler Pease
    Participant

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changes to Agency Theme or Incompatibility with 3.4.2?’ is closed to new replies.