Change Theme Font

Support Area Forums Progress Change Theme Font

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Vicente
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m not super experienced so I apologize if it’s a lame question. What’s the simplest way to change the ‘theme’ font?

Bill Robbins

That’s not a lame question at all. There are lots of choices, but here are two plugins you might give a try WP Google Fonts and Fontific. Both use Google’s font service to provide more type choices for you. I’d try starting with one of those.

Let me know if you need any other help.

kriz cortes
    Participant

I do >_< how do i change the size of each font? it would be perfect if in the color options of the custom styling, there was also a size option ;P

Bill Robbins

I’d strongly recommend the Fontific plugin. It will let you change fonts and adjust font-size, line height, spacing, color and so on for each text type on your site.

Here’s what it looks like:

Here are some of the font groups you can change to affect different parts of the theme:

Paragraph level fonts — p, li, ol, ul, span, div, label, legend, form, fieldset, input, ul li, ol, li

Widget Titles — h4.widget-title

If you need any other specific fonts changed, let me know which ones specifically and I can help you with them.

kriz cortes
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

But this isnt really working,
    in the “enter name of text to change here” box,
    i copy paste the name from the Styling List of what i want to change
    and it wont resize or change color

Bill Robbins

If you’ll send me a link to where you’re working with the theme and let me know what you’d like to change, I’ll tell you what to enter on the box.

kriz cortes
    Participant

How can i adjust the width and height of the text box?
    How can i give it a fixed height and scroll if it overflows?

i want a little box on the right with how many links i want,
    without any title or anything, just a box with the links . how do i do that?

How can i add columns to the index?
    I want the content under the donation bar to be divided in a big vertical column and a smaller one on the right. How can i do this?

Bill Robbins

Kriz,

All of those things are possible, but they are beyond the scope of included support and would be considered theme customizations. If you’d like to make a specific list of what all you’d like to change and email it to support@organizedthemes.com, I’d be happy to give you a quote on the changes.

Thanks,
    Bill

kriz cortes
    Participant

AH!!! I was so in the website i didnt check this!
    Thanks Bill, that will help me so much!

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that it worked for you Kriz.

Jhon Buitrago
    Participant

Hi Bill

I want to change the all fonts in Visual Theme at the home page, I mean the same font in all parts of homepage.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Jhon,

I would suggest using the Fontific plugin mentioned above. Here are the selectors for the elements on the home page:

#home p, #home li — These control the paragraph level text in the sidebar above the slideshow

#home .widget h4, #home-footer .widget h4 — These control the widget titles

#home-footer p, #home-footer li — These control the paragraph level text in the widget area at the bottom of the home page.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Using the Fontific plugin I pick a font, put “#home .widget h4” (and also tried #home-footer .widget h4) in the line for “Enter selector here” and it does nothing…what am I doing wrong?

(Thanks in advance)

Bill Robbins

Morgan,

Could you send a link to where you’re working on it so I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Bill

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Oh sorry! Yes–morgandenise.com.

Bill Robbins

Megan,

I took a look and I think I may have found the problem. It looks like Fontific was set to this:

#home.h4.widget-title

For the home page widgets on the Progress theme, you’ll need something like this:

.home-widgets h2.widget-title

Try that and see if it doesn’t work a bit better for you.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Morgan Guiley
    Participant

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Jhon Buitrago
    Participant

Thanks Bill, and for changing the tagline?

Jhon Buitrago
    Participant

Hi Bill, the plugin works fine, but a friend told me to have care with security issues with the plugin because the author site appears to be hacked. http://kringapps.com/fontific.

What do you recommend?

Bill Robbins

Jhon,

Great question. I’m not aware of any vulnerabilities reported in the plugin itself. It’s still listed on WordPress.org with almost 9,000 downloads.

It’s hard to know what the source of the attack was on the site. It could be the plugin, or a shared database issue, or a easy to guess password. I helped a site this week that had been infected while using admin as both the username and password. The attacker had added code to the Hello Dolly plugin to cause trouble.

If you are worried, you can add fonts directly from Google itself. It is rather easy to add a font, but their online tools don’t have the handy sliders for items like font-size, line-height, color and so on. You can still adjust those elements in the CSS directly if you need to. It just won’t be as convenient.

That might be a prudent course of action until the developer can get things squared away.

Bill

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Theme Font’ is closed to new replies.