Change the position of the photos

Support Area Forums Moonrise Change the position of the photos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Hi Bill, here is a new question 🙂
    In the picture you can see how an image appears when you click on the thumbnail. The picture is often cut off at the bottom (because of size). Can you slightly raise the position of the picture on the screen, so that the picture is more visible at the bottom? (see the white arrow in the picture)
    Thanks, Giorgio

Attachments:
    Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

P.S. I forgot: I mean it for each photo, not just for 1. Thanks again, Giorgio.

Bill Robbins

Hey Giorgio,

That is most unusual. It should be roughly centered in the browser window. If you check out the demo http://demo.organizedthemes.com/moonrise/2012/12/08/post-with-a-gallery/ it’ll show you how it typically appears.

What’s even more unusual, I copied the source code of your page and made a local copy of it to do some troubleshooting with and it worked as expected right off the bat on my local copy.

So I’m a bit of a loss as to what it is causing the light box’s positioning calculations to end up off a bit. I would start out with typical troubleshooting: disable all plugins and then see if it lines up like it should. If it does, then turn them back on, one by one, until it stops working.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Hi Bill…
    hey, I saw your demo and I have to say that my photos have never appeared that way! I really mean “never”, since first day on line. Now, I changed the “lightbox” but there is still the same problem. So, I can say it’s not about plugins (I just have 3: Google language translator – Updraft backup/restore – WordPress Seo): also, I installed them really later.
    Giorgio

Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Bill! Sorry, I found it… The problem is in… Google translator plugin!
    Now, here it is another big problem because I need Google translator too…

Bill Robbins

What’s really odd to me is that it doesn’t have the same affect when I view your page locally on my computer (see attached screenshot).

I don’t know why it’s causing that happen. This might be one instance where it would be simpler to switch to a different lightbox plugin and see if it positions better.

Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Hi Bill, I’m afraid I’m going out a bit crazy 🙂

I think that the problem is in Google translator plugin (in these days they released some new versions about this plugin):

– when it’s OFF, photos are ok

– when it’s ON, photos on homepage are ok but inside photos still have the same probem. For example, see images here: they exactly are the same photo but the first one is on homepage (correct), the second one is inside the japanese page (wrong).

… and, in this new plugin version of Google translator, the floating translation widget (in orange, you can see it in the photo of your message) is not working anymore.

So, I think I’ll have to disable this plugin (now I’m using the old version). And I’ll have to find another translator plugin.
    I see no other solution.

Thanks Bill, sorry about the message: the problem is not in your theme but in the plugin.

Best regards, Giorgio

Bill Robbins

Sorry about that Giorgio. If I can help with anything else in the future, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Change the position of the photos’ is closed to new replies.