change "read more"

Support Area Forums Grassroots change "read more"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://detsættersinespor.dk
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m looking to change the wording “read more” – can you help me locate the php-file I need to edit in?

Many thanks

Steffen

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Steffen,

Excellent question. You’re more than welcome to change the “Read More” text to fit your needs. There are two files you’ll need to alter: index.php and archive.php. In both of them you’ll find Read More written three times in this section:

<?php if ( of_get_option('content_excerpt') == 'excerpt' ) : ?>

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to %s', 'grassroots' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>" rel="bookmark"><span class="more-link"><?php _e('Read More', 'grassroots'); ?></span></a>

<?php else : ?>

<?php if ( ! has_excerpt() ) : ?>

<?php the_content(__('<span class="more-link">Read more</span>', 'grassroots')); ?>

<?php else : ?>

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to %s', 'grassroots' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>" rel="bookmark"><span class="more-link"><?php _e('Read More', 'grassroots'); ?></span></a>

<?php endif ;  // ! has_excerpt ?>

<?php endif ; // if of_get_option = excerpt ?>

You’ll need to preserve the punctuation and other characters that surrounds where it says Read More but outside of that you can use whatever text you’d like to have there.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks Bill 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘change "read more"’ is closed to new replies.