Change post title font

Support Area Forums United Change post title font

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: lifeatccbc.com
  • Author
    Patrick Wong
    Participant

Hi,

How can I change the blog post title font to a smaller size? CSS? Thanks!

Also, are there any standard CSS codes for future reference? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Patrick,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. You can change the text size for your titles. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

h1.title {
      	font-size: 30px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

You can change the 30px in the snippet above to have larger or smaller titles too. While I don't have a list of the elements in the CSS per say, if you need help determining what controls a particular style, just let me know and I'll help you out.

Thanks,
    Bill

Patrick Wong
    Participant

Great. Thanks Bill. Is there anywhere I could find such a list? Is it the same across different WP themes? Thanks

Bill Robbins

Good follow up question. Most of the commonly requested styles are built into the styling options. Outside of that, you can browse through the style.css file that’s in the theme. It’s where the default styles for everything are stored.

To find it go to the Appearance section and select Edit. From the files on the right, choose style.css. If you’d like to change anything, copy the style and add it to your Custom CSS box. You can make changes there and still have your theme be upgradeable in the future.

Most styles are unique to each theme. There may be some elements that are in common, but those tend to be less exciting things like responsive images and videos and similar elements.

If I can help you out, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change post title font’ is closed to new replies.