Change menu item order

Support Area Forums Foxy Change menu item order

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://263.e3e.myftpupload.com/?p=122
  • Author
    Stuart Berg
    Participant

I want to control the order of the menu items without having to list them all out in code. Is there a shortcut control to specifying the item order. It looks like they are somewhat alphabetical but not really. They are also not in the order they were entered.

Bill Robbins

Hello Stuart,

Great question. The easiest way to set the order of the food menu items is with a plugin called Simple Page Ordering (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-page-ordering/). It’ll let you set the order via drag and drop.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Stuart Berg
    Participant

I’m sorry I don’t think I worded that well. I meant ordering the food items within a page.

If I use code like:
    <h4 style=”text-align: center;”>Appetizers and Soups</h4>
    <hr />
    [menu group=”apps”]
    <hr />

The food items associated with that slug are in a random order. Can I control that order?

Bill Robbins

You can do it by hand, but it’s easier via the plugin.

To make the changes by hand, edit each menu item. Look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box for order. Enter a number there. The order is set from smallest number to largest. You want to leave room for additional items you add in the future, so counting by 10’s is generally a good thing to do. After you enter the number, update your menu item and move to the next one.

For the order number to work, you have to enter a number for every item. The default is zero so you have to enter something into each one to override the zero that’s already there. That’s why I generally send people to the plugin first.

Stuart Berg
    Participant

I didn’t realize the items had the order box. That is what I needed. Thanks

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out. If you run into trouble with the order box, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change menu item order’ is closed to new replies.