change font color when hovering

Support Area Forums Umami change font color when hovering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://greggriffin.net
  • Author
    Greg Griffin
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is there a shortcode to get part of text in a widget to change color when hovering? I’ve already set up the hyperlinks, and they are working smoothly.

Bill Robbins

Hey Greg,

I believe to set a hover color for the sidebar, we’ll have to add that via some custom CSS. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#sidebar a:hover {
      	color: #adb45d;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Just change the #adb45d to the color you’d like to have it hovering with and that should do the trick.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Greg Griffin
    Participant

That did it! Bill, your theme, expertise, and prompt support is outstanding. Please allow me to help spread the good word about your work. I’ll be happy for you to quote any of my comments, or to write a short 5 star review.

Greg Griffin
    Participant

Is there a similar short code I can add to change the color of the social media icons when hovering? Working on the really fine details at this point…. thanks so very much.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Greg…I do try to be helpful 🙂

Let’s change the snippet from earlier so it doesn’t affect the navigation too:

#sidebar .widget a:hover {
    	color: #adb45d;
    }

That should leave the menu colors alone.

You can change the social icons color. In the theme options page, they are located at the bottom of the “Buttons” tab or in the customizer, there is a section for social icons where you can set their colors.

Have a great night,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘change font color when hovering’ is closed to new replies.