Change Feature Row Box Hover Color & Custom Icon Feature

Support Area Forums Bottega Change Feature Row Box Hover Color & Custom Icon Feature

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Rebecca Morency
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I just read how to change the link color of the feature row here…

https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/textlink-color-on-the-featured-post-images-rollover/

How do you change the gray box hover to a different color?

Also, love the ability to add another icon on the footer.
    Can “Custom Icon” and “Custom Icon URL” be used to add an email icon? I can only think of the html code for email:
    a href=”mailto:name@yoursite.com”
    Does “Custom Icon URL” accept html or only URLs?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Becky

Bill Robbins

Rebecca,

You can change the color of the hover on the featured images. Just paste this into the Custom CSS box:

.boxcaption {  
    	background-color: #213ecc;
    }

Just use the color code you’d like to and that should take care of it for you. It’s set to be 80% opaque, but you can change that if you need to. To do that use this instead:

.boxcaption {  
    	background-color: #213ecc;  
    	opacity: .8;
    	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=80);
    	-MS-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=80)";
    }

and change the .8 and the 80’s to the % opaque you’d like to make it.

I don’t know why I didn’t add the option to upload a custom icon sooner. You can use a email icon if you’d like to. For the link just write it like:

mailto:name@email.com

and that should make the icon a link to an email address.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Rebecca Morency
    Participant

Worked perfectly for both.

I tried on my own first but didn’t have “background-” before color for the boxcaption and added too much html to the custom link.

I added a subject line to email so I’ll know if that one is used by visitors.

Here’s a couple thoughts whenever you do an update:
    1. For feature row image size, on Appearance/Theme Options/Home Page add 178×178 size after “Choose the source…”
    2. For slide show size, on Media/Slide/Add Slide add 960w x 350h size after “Works with an image slide…”
    3. On the Theme Options page, add an additional “Save Options” at the top of the page for each tab. Can you tell I’ve forgotten to scroll to the bottom to save a few times?

Again, thanks for your help.

Becky

Bill Robbins

Becky,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve been thinking about image sizes and how to better communicate those in theme. I added some text like that in the Agency theme and may try incorporating that into more of them too.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Feature Row Box Hover Color & Custom Icon Feature’ is closed to new replies.