Change body and header text color

Support Area Forums Foundation Change body and header text color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Janice
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I have changed the background to black and now I cannot work out how to change the Headers and body text to white so they can be read.

See this page as an example, it has a header and two lines of body text above the videos:
    http://totalhealthproject.org/?page_id=492

Could you supply some CSS custom code that I could utlize please?

Many Thanks
    Janice

Bill Robbins

Janice,

Great question. You can add this to the Custom CSS box on the styling tab of the theme options page to set your default text color to white:

body { color: #fff }

I did notice on that page that you referenced that the text above the videos had been set to black, most likely in the visual editor. Those styles can’t be overridden with CSS changes so you’ll have to remove that style from the page itself in order to change that text to white.

If you have any trouble, please feel free to ask,
    Bill

Janice
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help Bill,

I have managed to correct what I was querying. However I now have some new questions! 🙂

1) Because I now have white text it does not show in my widget boxes. How can I either change the color of text in widgets or else change the background color in widget boxes?
    I do not want the Facebook box to change though.

2) I have tried to use the “Video Code Box” both in Pages and Posts but it does not appear to work. Any suggestions?

3) When I have Vimeo or YouTube videos, is there any way to change the color of the play button that appears in the center of the video? At the moment when you rollover it becomes red.

4) Is there a way to make the header text smaller and change it to turquoise color (from white)?

Apologies for all the questions. Will be very grateful for any help.
    Janice

Bill Robbins

Let’s see if you get your questions answered:

Widget Background
    Here is the code to change all the widgets except the Facebook ones black:

.widget {
    	background-color: #000;
    }

.fb-widget {
    	background-color: #fff;
    }

Video Widget
    I spotted a vide widget on your site, so I’m guessing you got that sorted out. If you have questions about it, let me know.

Color of Play Button
    I know that Vimeo has some color options that are built into their player. I don’t know if YouTube offers that or not. Since the button is actually part of the video player supplied by the service, the color would need to be changed on their end.

Header Text Size/Color
    You can change that too. Just use this CSS snippet:

#nav-right em {
    	color: #35AAF4;
    	font-size: 12px;
    }

I hope that helps out. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Janice
    Participant

Thanks for this Bill, much appreciated.

Regarding video, I have no trouble with the video widget, that works a treat. What I was referring to was the “Video Code Box” both in Pages and Posts (top right). It is this that does not work.
    So I just post the code into the html section. However it would be nice to utilize this feature as it is written in the template.

Have a nice weekend too!
    Janice

Bill Robbins

Janice,

As might have guessed, the video box was holdover (like the extra _ from the staff section) when we changed the way those boxes were added to the theme. A few of our themes have a specific location in each page/post for a video (Photobug, Progress and Epic being the three).

Like you mentioned you can add it directly to the HTML right now. WordPress actually supports just placing the URL to the video from many video providers too. It will automatically pull the video and display it.

This summer Foundation is getting a more substantial overhaul when we make it responsive for mobile devices. The plan is at that time to incorporate more video options such as featured videos in pages/posts as well as a slideshow that can use both images and videos as individual slides.

If you have any trouble with video, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change body and header text color’ is closed to new replies.