Can't find any reference to Staff & Sponsors

Support Area Forums Progress Can't find any reference to Staff & Sponsors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sergio Burani
    Participant

I am following your Progress theme setup instructions in great detail. However, in your Theme Options Guide, I go to Appearance/Theme Options/Identity and:
    – there is no reference to Built-In SEO (this is not a big deal, but I want you to know)
    – there is no reference to the two optional sections (Staff and Sponsors) (this is a big deal for my particular case)
    Can you help me?
    Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Sergio,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble getting started with the staff and sponsors. The documentation does need a refresh as some of the options have changes as the theme has been updated.

Once you’ve installed and activated the theme, there should be a staff item and a sponsor item added to your WordPress control panel, just under the comments section. You can go to these two areas to add your individual staff members and sponsors.

Adding a staff member (or a sponsor) is like creating a post. The title will be the name of the staff or the sponsor. You can enter their bio in the main content box. There are some additional fields there for information about the staff or sponsor that you can optionally fill out. The image for them will be the featured image you select.

Once you have those ready, you’ll want to create a page for your staff and a page for your sponsors. They both work basically the same way. Create a page. While you’re creating it, look in the right hand column for a drop-down menu labeled “Templates.” Chose the staff or sponsors template and publish your page. Now this page can be added to your navigation menu and will display all of your staff or sponsors.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't find any reference to Staff & Sponsors’ is closed to new replies.