Can't display Slides on Home Page

Support Area Forums Foundation Can't display Slides on Home Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lisa Dalton
    Participant

I am using the Foundation theme. I am able to to set featured images for the slides, but they won’t publish. I click publish, the arrow spins, then stops. The slides remain in Draft state. Any ideas? I tried resizing the images. Is a specific image type required?

Bill Robbins

That’s a most unusual problem. Are you able to create new pages or posts and publish them or do they also remain in a draft state like the slides do?

Lisa Dalton
    Participant

Pages and posts publish just fine.

Bill Robbins

Would you mind emailing a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look?

Lisa Dalton
    Participant

I sent you one.

Bill Robbins

Thanks. I was able to publish the slides. I’m not sure why they weren’t updating beyond a draft status. It shouldn’t be browser specific, but I was using Chrome when I made the switch. If you run into any other trouble, let me know.

Lisa Dalton
    Participant

Thank you so very much! Someone else told me Chrome was better. I think I’ll switch!

Christina K.
    Participant

I am having this similar issue, and I’ve checked my site on Chrome. Please advise.
    http://milton.erickson-foundation.org/

Bill Robbins

Christina,

I took a look at your site. It appears that the images in your slider aren’t quite large enough to fill the slideshow area. Make sure the images you upload are at least 630 pixels wide by 420 pixels high.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Michael Froehlich
    Participant

I seem to be having the same problem. I have 4 images as slides. They’re 640×480. And they don’t seem to be loading. Help? Thanks. pacaresforall.org

Michael Froehlich
    Participant

Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Glad you were able to get the slides up and running. If you have any other trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Brian Davis
    Participant

Hi, i am having trouble getting images to show on slider, I have uploaded images to media library. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Brian,

To add slides to the slideshow, go to the Media section and select slides. There you can add a new slide by clicking the “Add Slide” button that’s at the top of the “Slides” screen.

From there, adding a slide is similar to adding a post or page. You can give the slide a title so you can help you keep track of them. There is a field for an optional link for your slide. Just enter the full URL you’d like the slide to link to.

The actual image for the slide is the “Featured Image” for the slide. Click the “Set Featured Image” link and then upload your image. For best results size it to be 630 pixels wide by 420 pixels tall. Once the upload is finished, click the “use as featured image” link at the bottom of the lightbox.

Then publish your slide and it should appear on the home page. If you don’t see it make sure you have your home page set to display a slideshow and not a video in the theme options page.

If you’d like a quick video that explains this, there is a quick video showing how this works in the Progress theme. The only difference is Progress includes captions.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Chris Singleton
    Participant

Hi,

I recently switched from the slideshow to video. I switched back and now the slideshow won’t cycle anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Bill Robbins

Chris,

Any chance you could send a link so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't display Slides on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.