Can't customize home page

Support Area Forums Kerygma Can't customize home page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://fathershouseafc.com
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

We are still unable to customize our home page. We did not do anything different. Can you please help. We want to make changes and are unable to.

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

So, I’m trying to customize the homepage and I click customize and it goes to this funny page. (see picture below) Can you help?

Bill Robbins

That’s a new one for me Susan. Are you using a plugin or service that relates to songs and albums?

Bill Robbins

Susan,

I merged this topic with the original one. I never heard back from you after I replied there.

What you’re seeing there is not a normal WordPress screen. Are you using any plugins or services that have album or song functions? The text there would seem to imply that. Even if you didn’t change anything, an update to a plugin or a remote service that’s on the site could do that.

The home page is made up of widgets. Can you edit your widgets by going to Appearance > Widgets in your dashboard instead of using the customizer? You can also change the styling of the front page from the theme options (Appearance > Theme Options). Kerygma does not have any options that are exclusive to the customizer. All options there exist either in the theme options, widgets or the menus screen.

To troubleshoot, I would disable all your plugins and see if it makes a difference. If it does, then turn them back on, one by one until the customizer stops working again. Then you’ll know where the conflict lies.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Thank you! Sorry. Our office was closed and I couldn’t work on anything. 🙂 WordPress did update, I believe I checked all the plugins. We don’t have anything with music on the site. I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

We don’t have songs, but we do have sermons in the form of mp3 files. Would that have something to do with it?

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Okay, I deactivated all of the plugins and went in the other way you suggested and was able to customize the home page. I then reactivated everything.

My issue now is the image size for the connect box. It is too large. Can you help with that?

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

I tried the size that I see you suggested – 960 x 450. That doesn’t work for me.

Bill Robbins

Are you speaking about the last widget that has a blackboard with words on it? You probably don’t want to use a connect box for that. The background image there will always be cropped some depending on the browser window size. It’s not a good spot to have text inside the image itself.

You might consider using a Visual Editor widget from the BlackStudio TinyMCE plugin. You could then insert the image into the content of the widget and ensure that the image is fully visible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't customize home page’ is closed to new replies.