Cannot see the add message/notes boxes at "Add new Podcast"

Support Area Forums Epic Cannot see the add message/notes boxes at "Add new Podcast"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Fay Hui
    Participant

When going to “Add new Podcast”, the admin screen does not have an upload message and notes boxes. The documentation said the two boxes are on the bottom of the main content pane and series/speakers are at the right hand bar. I see the series/speaker boxes, but no notes/message boxes. I am using WP 3.4.1.

Bill Robbins

Fay,

Sorry for the confusion. The box should be in the center section below the main content box. Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:

If you don’t see it, try clicking “Screen Options” in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to “podcast files” is checked.

If you still have any trouble, let me know.

Thank you again for your business,
    Bill

Fay Hui
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I enabled all the things under screen options but I don’t see the box you show. I email you the screen shot.

Thank you for looking into it.
    Fay

Bill Robbins

Fay,

Would it be possible for you to send a login to your site so I can take a closer look for you? You can just email it to support@organizedthemes.com.

Thanks,
    Bill

Fay Hui
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I deactivate and activate the theme, and the Podcast files box you shown appear. But then I am confused on the next step. Clicking on the Upload button does not do anything. I was expecting a box come up to let me choose files to upload. If not, what should I do to upload an audio or notes file from the local computer. Or is my screen options still not working??

I cannot provide you a link right now because I am testing on my local computer only. But we should be online in a few days and I will provide the link.

Bill Robbins

Fay,

It sounds like something is not quite right. When you click on the Upload File button it should open up the WordPress media uploader (like when you’re adding a picture to a post).

All the theme actually requires is the URL to your notes file. Here’s another way to go about it.

1. Go to the Media section of your WordPress control panel and select “Add New.”
    2. Find the file you’d like to use for your notes and upload it.
    3. Once the upload finishes, WordPress will give you a URL to that file. Copy that URL.
    4. Now paste it into the blank next to the Upload button for your notes in the podcast you’re working on.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Fay Hui
    Participant

Thank you Bill.

We got the page online now and a box comes up after I hit the upload. So I think it was something wrong with my local test installation.

It is good to know the other way to go about it too. Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Fay,

I’m glad it’s working for you at last. If you run into trouble again, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot see the add message/notes boxes at "Add new Podcast"’ is closed to new replies.