Cannot get 3 widgets on homepage to align horizontally

Support Area Forums Epic Cannot get 3 widgets on homepage to align horizontally

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.test.stjohnsstonyridge.net/
  • Author
    Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Hello,

I love this theme. I am having an issue, however, with aligning the 3 widgets at the bottom of my homepage: The Facebook Page Widget, the contact widget, and the second contact widget containing the map (I did this because the client requested the map be displayed AFTER the contact info).

I’m not great with CSS but I attempted to “float” the items through the styling tab of theme options to get them to line up but was unsuccessful. If you don’t have an exact solution, I am open to anything that would utlize the space better.

Thank you for your help!
    Melanie

Bill Robbins

Melanie,

Sorry for the trouble there. The theme uses a script called masonry to try and stack the widgets in the bottom part of the home page so there are no large vertical gaps. Sometimes it can make altering the elements there just a bit finicky.

I experimented with the source code on your site and took out everything from the Custom CSS box except for the

span.more-link {
    	display: none;
    }

which seems to have gotten the widgets at the bottom there to line up three across again.

Are you looking to have one of the widgets be a different size? If you’ll let me know which one you’d like to change, I’ll be glad to show you how to do that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Thanks so much for the quick response, Bill! Removing everything else did help to align them. My client was hoping to have the ‘Sunday Schedule’ text widget to be larger than the others, is there a way for me to do that and still keep them side by side? If the text widget is on top of the other 3 that would be even better.

Bill Robbins

We should be able to do that. Try adding this to the Custom CSS box and see if that won’t do the trick for you:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {

.home-lower #text-2 {
    		width: 915px;
    	}	

}

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1023px) {

.home-lower #text-2 {
    		width: 700px;
    	}

}

Let me know if you run into any hang-ups there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot get 3 widgets on homepage to align horizontally’ is closed to new replies.