cannot display different post on mainpage slide

Support Area Forums Foundation cannot display different post on mainpage slide

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello,

Strange behavior on the mainpage slide show..
    I’m trying to change the post to a different post (on the same featured homepage category) and still it shows me the old one, even though it’s draft!!!

http://www.hassuka.co.il/

I’m using wordpress 3.7.1, hebrew version.
    With the “foundation” theme for over than 2 years.
    I have installed the recommended “jquery-update”.

No matter what i do in the “theme options” >> “homepage” , it does not affect.

Please kindly assist,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

Sorry for the trouble there. You can turn off the jQuery update plugin. I don’t believe it will be necessary here.

It looks like you have the home posts disabled now and they aren’t showing on your home page anymore. If you enable them again do they still show the old post that’s now a draft?

I didn’t see a caching plugin in your code, but some of them will still function if the plugin is deactivated without disabling the caching first. If you’ve been running one, you may need to activate the plugin and then disable the caching to see your changes.

If that’s still not it, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Thank you for your reply.

I didn’t understand what you’ve wrote: “it looks like you have the home posts disabed” – where can I disable/enable the home posts?

The home slide shows the old post that’s now is a draft…

The only activated plugins for now is the “contact form” and “Wysija newsletter”. none of them are new in the site.
    Do I need a caching plugin?

Please view attached images.

Thank you,
    Sharon

Bill Robbins

Thank you for sending over the screenshots. Based on your settings, the “posts” for the home page are disabled. The option “Include Recent Posts” is set to “No” which will keep any WordPress posts from being displayed on your home page.

Slides. What happens if you move the draft slide to the trash? Is it still visible then?

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t wish the posts to be shown on the main page. I like the main page layout as it is now.
    I do want my featured post to be on the Slide.
    And yes. I have just deleted the post and still see it on the slide…

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Please kindly reply,
    thanks in advance,
    Sharon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘cannot display different post on mainpage slide’ is closed to new replies.