Can I add a simple line of text to my home page without using a widget?

Support Area Forums Foundation Can I add a simple line of text to my home page without using a widget?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://EqualRightsInstitute.com
  • Author
    Participant

I recently updated our donations widget and want to have a line under it that links to a special budget breakdown page we made. I’d like that line to go the full width of the page to match the donation widget. I don’t think there’s a way to force the basic text widget to go full screen though, so is there somewhere, maybe in one of the main theme files where I could insert this text? Or is there another solution? Thanks!

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hello Josh,

Excellent question. There is a widget that’s bundled with the theme called Page Content. What it does is allow you to add the content from any page via a widget. The widget also displays full width in the bottom of the home page.

Here’s how I would suggest using it. Add the content you’d like to have to the content area of your home page. Then add this widget to the home bottom sidebar area. You can then select the home page as the page for the widget’s content. Save your changes and that should do it.

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Bill. Only one step in this doesn’t make sense to me. Can you elaborate on how to “add the content you’d like to have to the content area of your home page?”

I’ve got a guess as to what you mean in the attached screenshot. Did I understand you correctly? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

You’ve got it 🙂

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Participant

Perfect solution! Thanks so much, Bill!

Bill Robbins

Glad that worked out for you Josh 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I add a simple line of text to my home page without using a widget?’ is closed to new replies.